Sunday 14 February 2010

Condolences from the WA branch of the Handley Clan

Condolences to Peter Campbell, Donald Campbell & their families, plus Aunty Joan, from Ian, Janina, Harmony & Joshua Clayton. 


Personally I remember my contacts with Doug with great fondness & wish I had many more contacts with him than geographical distances allowed. I particularly remember contacts with him when he visited WA & stayed at Lynette's place in Daglish in 1989 when her & Joe were out of Perth. 


Doug & Joan had us over for dinner & Doug served up his favourite blend of percolated coffee with canned whipped cream. We were laughing so much telling stories, then we realized the propellant for the whipped cream was laughing gas! We were enjoying ourselves so much I had 5 cups of coffee. When I got home I had so much caffeine in my system I couldn't sleep for the entire night! Doug, of course, had no trouble sleeping whatsoever! 


Ian Clayton

No comments:

Post a Comment