Wednesday 17 February 2010

Condolences from Sheryl, Harrison, Sean and Ian

May you rest in peace. We miss you so much. I have such great memories of all the good times we had. All the walks, where you always let me hold onto your arm, all the laughs (you had a great sense of humor), and all the advice and kind words you gave me. I needed the advice and will miss that. Remember the fun we had on that bike ride along the beach in Melbourne. You were in your 70’s and you kept up with Donald, the boys and I. You were a real trooper. Remember the Christmas lunches we had with lots of seafood. Your life has touched so many of us and we are grateful to have known and loved you.

Sheryl
---------------------------------------------

Some on the most important life lessons I’ve learned, I learned from you. You were a man who touched many people with your intelligence and wisdom. I remember coming up to visit you and Joan from Glengarry many times and telling myself I wouldn’t fall asleep on the ride home. Not a day will go by that you wont be thought of by all of those close to you. You taught us all so much and will be sorely missed by those around you.

Harrison
---------------------------------------------

Maybe the most experienced man I am related to .For now because of his death I don’t have a grandfather .If I could have talked to him before he died I would have recapped all the good years I had with him. I would have told him all the good deeds he has done for my family. I would have told him how much I loved him and how much I would of missed him. It is a shame that I wasn’t in Australia to say goodbye to him or to spend the last remaining days with him. Doug I am certain people will miss you across the world.

Sean
---------------------------------------------

I will miss you . Another important factor has been torn apart. I only wish I could have spent your last few minutes by your side, you will be dearly miss. Now the fact that both my grandfathers are gone I won’t be able to live with my self. At least I got to know you Doug. I will give anything to have you back. I can’t image how hard this will be on Joan. I pledge I will live to see my grandchildren well into there 20s. You will not be forgotten.

Ian
---------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment